Thursday, April 21, 2011

Serious post, so serious

I will miss all of them, my friends, acquaintances, enemies and even those whom I hated. In case you don't know, I am talking about my exchange year and last trip to DC. Time spent there was wonderful but I hated the last day, and it was not because of total disorganization of things happening or cranky chaperons but because of the last 15 minutes.

I did not cry but hugging everyone and promising to come to see them one day broke my heart because I knew the exact same moment that it was a lie. I knew even then, and I know now that I will never meet most of those people again, and it kills me. Kills me from inside realizing how unique some of them were, how prominent and unforgettable their words were and how much my life will lack them when I go back home. Maybe I didn't agree with everything out there but as those people took off in their buses part of me went with them.

I don't care about you thinking that I am a way to emotional about memories and photos but it's the truth. Leaving people hurts and changes you. It makes you kinda jerkier because you start trying to protect yourself by not letting anyone get close enough.
I think it is time to stop wyaning, get myself together and do something because sitting in front of a computer screen writing a blog is not cool. I promise my next post will be fun, and no crying!

No comments:

Post a Comment